Smart Card Laundry Payment systems are Revolutionizing Laundromats
The laundry card system eliminates quarters and all associated hassles from the modern laundromat by creating a private, debit card-like system where you, the laundromat owner, issues your own laundry cards to your customers. The smart cards are private debit cards that customers place money on before it is issued and used, but the card can only be used in your laundromats.
Contact HK Laundry to install card-operated laundry machines and equipment in your laundromat.
What are the advantages of a Card-Operated Laundry Machine System for your customers?
- Laundry Cards are fun & hi-tech - forget the quarters, just swipe the smart card, and the washer or dryer starts. Customers will spend more money in a card-operated laundromat.
- No more fumbling with quarters - Laundry Cards eliminate the need for any quarters, making payment quicker and easier!
- Manage laundry expenses - on the 1st and 15th of the month, customers place money on their laundry cards allowing them to budget and pre-pay for their laundry needs.
What are the advantages of a Card-Operated Laundry Machine System for Laundromat Owners?
- Satisfied customers - Once customers learn the routine, they all love the ease and convenience of the payment card, making them want to come back.
- Penny Increment Pricing - Washer and dryer vend prices can now be set in penny increments. This allows the owner to tweak prices according to increases in utility costs, (just like gas stations do).
- No More Quarters - Quarters cost a lot of time to collect from each machine, count, place in changers, and then deal with the surplus or the deficit, and laundromats on busy bus routes have to buy quarters to keep their changers filled. With a card-operated laundry system in place, you no longer need to waste time or money on quarters.
- 100% Audit-ability - How can any business run in today's competitive marketplace unless you know your true business numbers? Laundry Card systems have today's metrics at your fingertips.
- Laundry Card systems are "brother-in-law proof" - Ever want to go on vacation? Worried about your cash business? With a Laundry Card system, you have created an automated control system for your cash business.
- Unlimited number of stores - With quarter-based Laundromats, there are only so many hours in the day to collect and process quarters. With a Laundry Card operated Laundromat, you can have 1 or 100 card-operated stores and still be able to control your business.
- Washer money boxes are a finite size - If you miss your collection on a busy weekend, the quarters will fill up to the point where the washers will not accept any more money and they will fail to operate, costing you potential revenue and customer loyalty.
- Customer Loyalty - Your Laundry Card system only works with your Laundromat. This creates customer loyalty and keeps your customers coming back again and again.
- Promotional Options - All card systems allow the owner to set up time-of-day specials, big-bill bonuses, and any other promotional programs you can dream up. Several card companies allow for Wash & Win loyalty programs, coupons, birthday bonuses, or Free Dry programs where the wash customer gets credits for each wash load to be used in the dryers.
- Less repairs - With a card system you eliminate the coin mechanism, which can be one of the most common problem areas of washer and dryer repairs. Generally, card systems are more reliable than quarter-operated stores.
- Remote monitoring - Card-operated Laundromats have the ability to be monitored remotely by a high-speed internet connection. Anywhere your Android or iPhone has internet, you will be able to see up-to-the-minute transactions and the store “float”.
- Instant Refunds – With a laundry card system, you can credit a customer's account instantly should any issues or complaints arise. The faster the response, the greater the satisfied customer. The more satisfied the customer is, the more likely they’ll return.
What is a Hybrid Card System?
Hybrid Card (or FasCard) systems are an in-between to an all cash and all laundry card option where Laundromats operate with quarters and also credit/debit or laundry cards. A credit card reader is mounted on the washers & dryers and connected to the computer in the laundry equipment, but the coin mechanism also stays in place. The hybrid card system allows for the ultimate in customer payment convenience. Hybrid card systems allow the owner to remotely monitor the Laundromat and also provide several different promotions for the store.
What are the advantages of a Hybrid (FasCard) Store for operators?
- Satisfied customers - Customers will love the ease and convenience of the FasCard system.
- 100% Audit-ability – If all of the washers & dryers have FasCard readers, then the revenue for the entire store can easily be monitored or audited, allowing you real-time business data at your fingertips.
- Laundry Card systems are "brother-in-law proof" - With a Laundry Card system, you have created an automated control system for your cash business, allowing yourself the freedom to take some time off.
- Unlimited number of stores - With quarter-based Laundromats, there are only so many hours in the day to collect and process quarters. With a Laundry Card-operated Laundromat you can have 1 or 100 card-operated stores and still be able to control your business.
- Email Alerts when your money boxes are almost full - The FasCard system will alert you if your money boxes are almost full, allowing you to rectify the situation before it becomes a problem.
- Customer Loyalty - Because the laundry card only works in your laundromat, customers will continue to return to use your machines.
- Card systems allow for several types of promotions – Promotions include time-of-day specials, big bill bonus, Free Drying, Group Discounts, and Wash & Win loyalty programs.
- Remote monitoring - Card-operated Laundromats have the ability to be monitored remotely. Anywhere your Android or iPhone has internet, you will be able to see up-to-the-minute transactions and the store “float”.
- Instant Refunds – With a laundry card system you can start a machine or credit a customer's account instantly should any issues arise. The faster the response, the greater the satisfied customer.
Card systems are the tools of the present and the future that will allow the Laundromat owner to leverage their time and efforts in operating successful Laundromats.
Please contact HK Laundry Equipment to see if a Card Operated Laundry Machine System will work in your future.